Christmas Countdown!

Friday, May 25, 2012

May Rudy Day #2 - Christmas Meal Notebook


I promised you another post about the Christmas Notebook I am working on to keep my favorite Christmas recipes. I enjoy scrapbooking very much, I guess playing with colored paper is kin to playing with colored fabrics! I thought I would share with you how my notebook is shaping up. Here is the cover...The colors did not scan very well. The background for "Joy" and "Holiday Meals" is a deep Hunter Green. The cover sheet gets placed in the clear plastic front of a 1.5 inch 3-ring binder. Most of the papers and stickers are from a Gooseberry Patch kit. The remaining papers I purchased at Michaels. I used two Martha Stewart punches; the first is called "Sunburst" and the second is called "Apron Lace." The font is cut at 1.5 inches from my Cricut; the cartridge is called "From My Kitchen."




So far I have made 7 divisions, and will be able to add more if needed. They are:
1. Appetizers
2. Breads
3. Desserts
4. Main Dishes
5. Salads
6. Sides
7. Tablescapes. I love collecting pictures of different Christmas dishes, centerpieces, napkins, themes, the whole thing!
I already realize I need a beverage catagory, so I can add my warm apple cider and sangria to my list of keepers.





These are the recipe cards I will use to include my favorite recipes from family and friends. This notebook is obviously a work in progress, and it will take more time to complete it, but I love the idea of having everything in one place.

And here is the notebook...ready for a cup of tea and some time to decide what I want to make next...I think apple strudel!

Be sure and visit the forums at http://magicalholidayhome.com/ and join the fun on Rudy Day (the 25th of each month) or anytime you need a Christmas fix! And, another of my favorite blogs is http://rudolphday.blogspot.com/. Join us!

Till next time, holiday blessings to you and yours,
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! This is simply beautiful! How inspiring. I have most of my Christmas recipes in one place -- a Christmas memory book I made some years ago. The want-to-trys are in my Christmas notebook. But this is just incredible. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary...this is sooo cute! I've blogged about it and linked over at Rudolph Ramblings!

    ReplyDelete