Christmas Countdown!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crafty Christmas Cards


This may sound like a blatant advertisement, but I am having so much fun with the Cardmakers monthly card-making kit from Paper Wishes that I have to show you some of the cards I have made with the materials they send me each month. Once a month they send me 10 blank cards, 10 envelopes, a 6-page colored instruction sheet, papers, trims...everything except the glue and tape. I've also bought a special kit with only Christmas cards in it.



See the cute shaped card on the left? Instructions for this card and 120 others are available on the CD.


You can't really see the dimension on these cards (below), but this is a technique called "paper toile" where there are 4 or 5 layers to the cover design. You simply punch out the artwork pieces and layer them with dimensional foam tape.


I'm looking forward to December decorating...I'm going to hang some of these cards from a clothesline across my mantel or stairway.


Rudolph and Clarice say hello! We hope you are enjoying your Christmas in July fun. And till next time, holiday blessings to you and yours!

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Mary, your cards are terrific! I like the idea of hanging them across your mantle. I can't wait to see them displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Mary! What a cute blog you have and I love your little Christmas cards you've made! I do scrapbooking and I know this can be additive! :) Someone will be very honored to receive one for Christmas. I'm joinging Debbie-Dabble's Christmas in July party and hope you'll pop in to see my post.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, I found your blog through A Debbie-Dabble Christmas blog's Christmas in July list. I also have a Christmas blog and I love finding fellow Christmas bloggers. :)
    Your blog is adorable!! I love the banner at the top of the page. I have joined your blog and added the link to my blog. I would love it if you would do the same!!!
    You can check out my Holiday blog here:
    http://www.awhimsicalchristmas.com/

    Happy Christmas in July!!!

    ~Jonquil
    http://www.awhimsicalchristmas.com/

    ReplyDelete