Christmas Countdown!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Christmas Quilts

I love Christmas quilts and have made more than one person needs! This quilt measures about 25 inches square and is made of mostly Jo Morton fabrics. The logs in the log cabin blocks finish at 1/2 inch.

This is still a top...it's not yet quilted. I stitched this up last fall with several friends. It is a "Mystery Quilt"--you don't know what the end result will look like when you start it. It's called "Christmas Lights" and is from Quiltmaker magazine. Made fall of 2011. It's almost a queen size.

Sorry for the dark photo, I will have to retake this some day! This is one of my all-time favorite quilts. It's called "Bulls-Eye" and is a raggedy-edge quilt. It's from a book called "Traditions", I'm sorry I've forgotten the author's name. It is a twin size quilt.


The quilt on the wall is from Fons and Porter magazine. I used all scraps to make it. It was limited in size because my challenge was to not buy any new fabric for this quilt. It would fit a twin size bed, but currently hangs year-round behind our queen size bed.

The quilt on the bed is a log cabin Christmas quilt made from 2.5 inch strips. We had a program at our quilt guild about cutting your scraps into 2.5 inch strips. I came home that night and cut all my leftover Christmas scraps into logs to make this quilt. It has some darling fabrics in it...kitties with Christmas stockings, for example.

'Till next time, holiday blessings to you and yours!
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely! I would like to make a Christmas quilt some day. I've saved patterns in anticipation of a Christmas quilt, but honestly don't know if I'll ever get around to making one as I am really not a quilter. Yours are beautiful. I especially like the Bulls Eye one and the log cabin one with the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are beautiful Mary! Love the quilt on the wall. Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete