Christmas Countdown!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Christmas Gifts: Quilts!

Happy Rudy Day, friends! As we approach May 25, it's time to spend a little effort working towards Christmas 2012.  After all, it's only 214 days away!  One of the ways we are encouraged to get ready for Christmas throughout the year is by making a list of gifts we want to make. The uber-organized will make a list with dates for beginning and completing the project. They will purchase the necessary materials and put them and the instructions in a suitable size container. And they will remember where they put them so they can easily put their hands on them when they're ready to start ;-)  Needless to say, I am not uber-organized.

But I am working on two Christmas gifts. I'm making lap size quilts for my two grandchildren. The idea is they could take them on overnights with friends or on camping trips in their camper.  The pattern I used is a Merry Mayhem pattern, that was their mystery project for January 1 of this year. It's an easy pattern that begins with a 2.5 inch Jelly Roll. Henry's has little vintage campers and woodland animals, Hadley's has colorful birds (they have a pet Blue Conyer parrot "Kiwi").  They are both almost ready to take to the quilters.






I'm also working on my Christmas Meals notebook and will post more when I have made progress on it.

Don't forget to check out http://magicalholidayhome.com/ for some more Christmas and Rudy Day fun! Till next time, holiday blessings to you and yours!
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment