Christmas Countdown!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Christmas in July

Hello Christmas lovers,

I hope you all are enjoying a little Christmas in July. Did you catch the fun scrapbook day on HSN? I had to buy some Anna Griffin, she can do no wrong, and I love her designs and card kits. Hallmark Channel has featured a Christmas movie each evening this week, and this morning hubby and I watched HOME ALONE II...the one they filmed at the Plaza Hotel in NYC. If that doesn't get you in the Christmas mood, nothing will! Love the decorations, and the scene at the end at the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. Makes me want to turn the air conditioning down a few degrees so I can enjoy a cup of my favorite Vienna Coffee. (It's only 91 degrees outside today in Virginia)

 
So in keeping with this Christmas in July, I've pulled out some of my Christmas books and magazines, and done a little daydreaming. I found some wonderful recipes in the Gooseberry Patch cookbook. Some can even go in the crockpot, which works very well you have a busy day shopping, cleaning....or sewing. There are several recipes I want to try, and if I really like them, I'll include them in my Christmas recipe book collection.


I know this doesn't look like very much right now, but I am making a total of 30 of these paper pieced log cabin blocks. They will measure 3 inches when finished. Some of the gold fabrics have sparkly threads in them. I am creating a small table runner to put my Jim Shore Nativity set on. It's something I wanted to do last year but didn't get around to it. Between yesterday and today I've managed to make 20 of the 30 that I need. I can design these blocks very easily in Electric Quilt software, and print them out on paper especially made for paper pieced patterns. (Carol Doak makes the nicest paper that tears very easily.) If you are into quilting, I can't tell you how much fun I've had with this quilt design software.

Stay tuned for more, and I'll keep you abreast of my progress with this little gold log cabin project.

Till next time, friends, peace and joy to you and yours!
Mary


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, can't wait to see your completed table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the tablerunner too! and I need to get those gooseberry cookbooks out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I have been so busy lately and work just seems to get in the way of everything that i want to do!! LOL!!
    I hope to do a Christmas in July post or 2 so stay tuned!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete